Alleghany
Established in 1859 the town was named after the Alleghany Tunnel mine which was named after the Alleghany River. The town was home to the miners of the famed 16 to 1 mine which has been operating since the original California Gold Rush. The town is mostly one main street with a post office, museum and bar named Casey’s Place.